Friday, April 6, 2012

About Me....

When will my life begin...





So a little about me:) I am 17, and I have a yearning passion to see my dreams fulfilled:) My heart keeps beating for the hope that is in me:) Jesus is forever in hot pursuit of me, I could not escape His love if I chose to. He has been so faithful to me. He has given me my many grand dreams...
   the biggest being acting. I have been acting since before I could talk; putting myself in other peoples shoes, feeling what they must have felt..it is a fire burning in me that can never be  quenched. I long for my life to glorify God in the acting field, yet that is a very difficult task indeed. One day I long to see myself on the red carpet, having films of my own. But before I can even think of doing that I have to WAIT for God to mold me and transform into someone who will boldly and willingly carry His light into one of the darkest industries in America today. 



"Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily,[a] and follow Me. 24 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it. 25 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost? 26 For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, of him the Son of Man will be ashamed when He comes in His own glory, and in His Father’s, and of the holy angels." Luke 9:23-26

        Wow. How powerful is that? Convicting....Yet this is truth, and how many Christians actually obey these Words? Not enough; myself included. I have to let go of what I think should be, and take hold of what God knows to be best. Next to my acting dream lies the dream to TRAVEL. Travel the whole world!!! Yes, I know that's expensive. That's why it's called a DREAM. But it is, nevertheless, a very real one, constantly on my mind. 



"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, what God has planned for those who love Him." 
1 Corinthians 2:9
   And that is what I hold to:) I long for more, for adventure--I want to SEE things, experience them firsthand, not just hear about them. But first I must be content with where I am, and delight myself in the Lord! and THEN will He give me "the desires of my heart." (Psalm 37:4) PS--I REALLY WANT TO VISIT NYC!!! that's...aaahh! such a desire. but even more is the desire to go to INDIA.
  Missions. I adore them. India has been on my heart for almost 3 years now, and I still have yet to go. But I know that I am called there, at least for the time being, and I am earnestly praying and seeking God for a way that I can go. I trust Him. In truth, I do not pray half as much as I ought. Hey but let me just say 'world, look out! cause i'm comin'. I don't know when, or how, but i'm a comin'." :)

  So that fact covers the next part of my story:) I am a confused individual I believe, for on one half I am shy and barely speak a word, but on the other I am a bit too loud and no one can keep me from speaking my mind:) I am shy, and yet I adore the stage. My friends don't believe that I could EVER be shy, and my classmates wonder if I even talk at home. My BEST friends...know I'm completely insane;) For me...well...I get very frustrated. Because I feel as though I have SO much to share, but unless I feel completely secure with someone, it's like I lose the ability to speak! If you REALLY want to get to me, it takes time! a lot of it. But then when you DO get to know I sure do come on strong!! hehe....;) When people tell me that there is NO WAY that I can be shy because of how in love I am with the stage, I just remember all the stage lovers before me that were the exact same way! (take note: I am not comparing myself to these people in ANY way, I am merely using them to explain a bit of myself). 
1. Elvis Presley. yes ladies and gentlemen, the SAME elvis presley. He claimed he was terribly shy his entire life, and hardly ever spoke to anyone growing up. The stage was where he shone, where he belonged.

2. Michael Jackson. yes!! that soft-voiced fire ball:) In an interview he said he was "scared to death" to talk to people, that he felt "awkward" and just plain "uncomfortable." The stage was the only place he could truly be free. 

3. Lastly, Lucille Ball. Yes, the same one that had us rolling in laughter at her marvelous performances! At her first film school in New York, the principle sent home a letter to her parents saying: "Don't put any more money into this. This girl doesn't have a chance." Later they sent her home saying "she's too shy." 

SEE? do ya GET IT now? (sorry, I didn't mean to yell.) But just--don't judge a book by it's cover, or a person because they don't seem to have much life. The truth is, they are keeping everything inside, to dwell on them and let them grow, and then when they have the opportunity--it's DYNAMITE! really, they have SO much to give. don't write them off as boring or dull because they aren't just yet in their comfort zone. who knows? they may just one day up and surprise everyone:) 

well, there is one last VERY important thing to know about me:)


actually, my full name means "I am my Beloved's and He is mine." God has sung that over me since before I could walk, and now I walk in it and cling to the melody. His LOVE is oh-so-sufficient for me. He is all that I need. He is my reward. My portion. My inheritance. My life means nothing without Him by my side. If any one reading this has not experience His unconditional love, He is pursuing you. He is JEALOUS for you. Absolutely in love with you. And He died so that He could call you His own. 
Romans 10:9 
"If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved."

It is a life-changing decision. His love will give you PURPOSE  and HOPE. The road He calls us to is not an easy one, but one with MUCH reward. and a love that will sweep you off your feet. :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment